Monday, May 4, 2015

Lawnscaping #105 - Watercolors

Hi everyone! Sorry that my post is a little bit late. This weekend was so busy that I completely forgot to post it until now!

Anyways, the current Lawnscaping challenge is all about watercolors!


Watercolor backgrounds are always so, so pretty, but I have such a hard time making mine look as nice, so I decided to use inks as watercolors to color my images!


This card features Lawn Fawn's "Best Pun Ever" and "Riley's ABCs" stamp sets, as well as Wild Rose, Freshly Cut Grass, and Mermaid ink pads. I also used Hero Arts Stone Wash and Butter Bar inks for the yellow and dark blue popsicles. To color the images, I dabbed the inks onto some wax paper and added some water. Then using a paint brush, I colored the images with the ink! Lawn Fawn's inks worked really well for this technique (the hero art inks turned out splotchy!)

The sponsor for this challenge is Ellen Hutson and the winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to their store!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a good day! The weather is beautiful today so I think we'll spend some time outside! :)

4 comments:

  1. This card is super cool (pun intended)! I love this design and I will definitely be using it for inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw!! your little watercolored popsicles are SO CUTE!! i love them!! i love the coordinated sequins and the letters on each 'sicle!! adorable and SO happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is sweet card!!! Great design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely adorable! I love how you used your ink pads to watercolor. That's such a great idea and I think I'm going to give that a try. I don't watercolor too often and when I do it's usually with distress inks. But that would be so cool if I could use my SSS inks as well.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :). I've been well, although my personal life is getting pretty hectic... I'm sure you know how that goes. I haven't made a formal announcement yet, but I received a job offer out of state and will be moving at the end of the month!

    I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week and enjoy the nice weather! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)