Friday, November 22, 2013

More exciting news...

Hi everyone! I'm so glad that it's finally Friday! This week has felt so busy and I'm glad that the weekend is almost here! :)

I have a really fun project to share with you today! In my last post I shared that my husband and I recently purchased a house, but we also have more exciting news to share. A few months ago my husband and I hosted a little party for our families to let them know that we are expecting a baby!! We are super excited! Here is the cake that I made for the party:


I used Lawn Fawn's "Plus One" stamp set and "Quinn's ABCs" die to make the banner for the top of the cake. The letters are attached to a thin thread and tied to toothpicks before they were put in the cake. And the storks are both glued to a toothpick!

I used food coloring to color the inside of a white cake mix so that when we cut the cake it revealed the gender of the baby! And when we cut the cake, it revealed that....



... we are having a girl!! She is due December 5th (but I'm praying that she comes earlier!). We thank God everyday for our little girl that we're going to meet soon! I can't wait for her to get here! :)

I hope that you enjoyed the cake decorations! They were so much fun to make and I'm so excited to share our big news with you! I'll let you know when she gets here! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Elise!!! Your cake decorations are super cute and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! I'm so, so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a million congratulations elise!!! what an exciting time!! and what an ADORABLE gender reveal cake!!! love it!! so excited for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeeeeeek!!! HUGE congrats to you and your hubby!! How exciting!! What a FAB way to share the news with your family!!! And Dec 5??!!!! Your little bundle of joy is just days away!!!!! I am just SO happy for you, Elise!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elise, what exciting news! Congratulations! What a great way to reveal the gender, too...so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I love how you made this cake and decorated it for the grand reveal! Hope the pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Elise!!! HUGE CONGRATS on such happy news!! Wow!! And I *love* the cake and cake topper you made -- absolutely delightful! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)